Friday, April 3, 2015

April Currently

Well, here it is, my favorite month! April! I love April for many reasons, including my birthday, Easter, springtime, and almost the end of the school year! With all of this excitement going on, I am a few days late in linking up my Currently post. But I wouldn't miss it, so here it is!


Listening: Yes, I am at home today working on many chores, including cleaning and organizing a few things.

Loving: Easter weekend is one of my favorites. We got out of school Thursday at noon and don't go back until Tuesday. Plus, we just had spring break a two weeks ago, so it's a nice refresher.

Thinking: If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you may have noticed that our caterpillars arrived last Friday. When I left yesterday, one of the caterpillars was already in its chrysalis! So next week, we will be reading fiction and nonfiction books about butterflies. I hope to write a separate blog post for the different activities that we do.

Wanting: Both my husband and I have our birthdays within a week of each other. So, with this year being our first year of marriage, I decided to make only one large cake that we could share. Trust me, with it only being the two of us, it's a LOT of cake! But I made a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Only the best!

Needing: I recently started reading The Maze Runner by James Dashner. So far, it is a little strange and hard to get into. I just know that I need some time to sit down and read! Hopefully with the extended weekend, I will be able to find some time!

Eggs-plain your name: I knew when I created my blog/TPT name I wanted to include something with ducks, which are my favorite animal. I also knew that I wanted to create products that were for all subject areas and that could be differentiated for various levels. I was searching for different 'duck' words and I came across "dabbling." Dabbling is what ducks do when they put their bill into the water and try to get food. I thought this term was great because another definition of "dabbling" is to kind of play with something and try it out. With these two meanings of dabbling, I knew that it was the perfect word for my title. Add in a picture of a duck, and my name and logo were born!

Remember you can still link up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade


Have a great weekend!

Michelle

6 comments:

  1. I have The Maze Runner on my to-read list, but I've seen the movie already so I'm not sure if I'll end up reading it. (I prefer reading the book before seeing the movie!) Enjoy your birthday cake! Sounds so good!!!!
    -Elyse @ A is for Apples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it Michelle! Since I haven't read the book, I didn't know what to expect but it seemed good. I've been really into that "dystopian" genre for a couple years now :)

      Delete
  2. Love the word 'dabbling'.....we do a lot of that!! Enjoy your long Easter break...we go back on Monday - probably to 'sugared up-sleepy-eyed firsties!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New at this..... I'm not having success linking my comment to my blog. What choice do I use? I chose Google...but that's not what I want. Open ID doesn't accept my blog URL. Still much to learn. :-))) Any help, I'd LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know how to help with this! Sorry!

      Delete