Monday, September 1, 2014

September Currently

September is here and school is in session! I can't believe that I have already been in school for three weeks. Time has flown by with these new students of mine. It feels like just yesterday I was eagerly anticipating what my new students would be like and now they are here and we are knee-deep in our curriculum. Even though we are very busy, I still had time to sit down and complete September's Currently!


1. Listening - I am currently watching my favorite show Friends. I only have two seasons, courtesy of one of my good friends. Goal: get the other seasons ASAP!

2. August just ended and the sales have been tabulated. I just had my best month since I started selling on TPT! This was my first August and I am so pleased with the results. Thank you to everyone who supported my store in one way or another. I can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings!

3. I have taken a LOOOOONG break from creating products. Now that school is in session, I need to get going and create more fun and exciting activities for my students!

4. I now live in Texas and it is so HOT down here. Fall is starting soon and I wish I could be back home and experience the crisp fall weather and go apple picking and have bonfires and s'mores and go to pumpkin farms, all while wearing scarves and boots. But I don't think I will be having those experiences this year. I guess I will have to start some new fall traditions down here in Texas.

5. Now that school has started and because I live in a different climate than before, I am realizing that I need some new clothes for work. I recently ordered my first box from Stitchfix, which should be arriving next week. I can't wait!

6. I have three places that I would like to visit someday: Spain, Tuscany, and Ireland. Spain has always been on my list. I was all set to study abroad in Seville, Spain in college, but then decided against it. Every since then, I have wanted to visit Spain. I also studied the language for 8 years and it would be nice to go and see all of the places and try all of the things that I learned about in my classes. Tuscany is another place that I would like to visit someday, mostly because of how it looks in movies. It looks so romantic with its winding roads and vineyards and cute little houses. It would just be so beautiful. I would also like to visit Ireland. My brother studied abroad there a few years ago and it would be nice to visit and see what it's like. It's also in a lot of movies and the views look absolutely breathtaking.

That's all for this month! Don't forget to check out the other blogs who linked up over at Oh Boy 4th Grade.

Have a great Tuesday!

Michelle

8 comments:

  1. I too am ready for cooler weather.. I'm sure it will get cool but not until much later.. You can always just drinks some pumpkin coffee and make a smores in the microwave.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually DO like s'mores in the microwave...thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  2. I need new clothes too!!! Just waiting for this heat to go away. I hate to buy summer clothes (although there are good deals!)

    Sarah
    Kindergarten Korner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try to go shopping when I get coupons or discounts, but that is usually the time when I can never find what I want! Why can't it be the other way around?!

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog through Farley's linkup. Your blog looks great BTW.
    Sandra

    savvyteachingtips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you checked WalMart for Friends? It's one of my FAVORITE shows! At one point they were selling two seasons together for $20. That's how I bought all of mine. :-)
    Hope you have a great week!
    Ryan
    The Disneyfied Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the tip Ryan! I will definitely check it out!

      Delete