Friday, June 6, 2014

Five For Friday!



http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2014/06/five-for-friday-linky-party-june-6.html

I decided that it was time for my first linky party...so I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching this week for Five for Friday! Here we go!



Go Noodle! This website has amazing brain breaks that get the students up and moving. They get a class mascot and every time they exercise for a certain amount of time, their mascot gets bigger. The students get so excited to see him grow! I would highly recommend this website for younger grades. And best of all, it's free! www.gonoodle.com






During one of the last weeks of school we studied plants. In order for the students to fully understand what the stem does for a plant, we colored celery stalks. Celery is a stem and I wanted the students to see that once the celery was placed in the colored water, it would start to change colors because the stem carries the water to the rest of the plant. Very interesting, to say the least. And the students loved it!




A few weeks ago, I went to Kenosha with my family and we visited the Jelly Belly Factory in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin. It was awesome! We toured the factory in a little train and then got to taste and purchase various candies produced by Jelly Belly!



The last day of Kindergarten! I read this book to my students on the second to last day of Kindergarten because our last day is field day. The students really enjoyed listening to it. We made connections with what the students were doing in the book and what they had done in our classroom. I then surprised them by giving them each their very own copy of the book with a message from me! They were so excited that they were even reading them in the car line on their way out the door! Thank you Scholastic for a great $1 book!


Sweet Summertime :)

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. I love GoNoodle! Glad you linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the best! The kids are always asking for a brain break!

    ReplyDelete