Friday, June 20, 2014

Five For Friday (June 20, 2014)

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

I have had quite the busy week! As you can see, I haven't posted since last week's Five for Friday. I have been traveling for a week and today was the first day that I was able to sit down and blog. Hopefully next week I can get in some other posts and join a few other linkies. We'll see. But for now, here is my Five for Friday:


I mentioned that I had been traveling. I visited 8 states since this past Saturday. I left my apartment in Indiana on Saturday and then traveled all the way down to Texas to move into my new apartment where I will be living soon!

Here are just a few of the places that I had visited.







During one of our many stops on the road, we ate at an Outback Steakhouse. I don't go there very often but they had an amazing dessert! I didn't realize I was a cheesecake person until I devoured this:


Mmmmmmm!


I'm heading out today to buy my copy of The Daily 5 Second Edition! I can't wait to read it and implement the Daily 5 in my new first grade classroom. It worked great with my kinders last year and I can only hope for the same results this year! Plus, I love reading and deepening my knowledge on various topics. The Daily 5 is one topic that I am very passionate about. I think it will be an essential part of my day.



I made peanut butter and chocolate cookies! YUM!! I must really be into food this week with all of the food posts. :)




Turquoise Chevron Alphabet Classroom D├ęcor with Activities!

I'm thinking I might get this adorable turquoise chevron alphabet for my classroom next year. I love chevron and I love this color. Enough said. They are by Carrie Lutz and you can find them here.

Enjoy your week!

Michelle





5 comments:

  1. Well first off…I just LOVE cheesecake!

    I just finished the second edition of the Daily 5 a few days ago. I am going to implement it in my classroom for the first time this coming school year. It is great to read how much you love it! It affirms my decision to try!

    Amber
    PeppyZestyTeacherista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad you'll be doing the Daily 5 as well! I can't say enough good things about it! It is truly the best way to ensure that you work with small groups of students at their instructional reading level, which is crucial to their reading success. Meanwhile, all of the other students will be busy with other reading tasks. Best of luck to you!

      Delete
  2. Yum to the peanut butter and chocolate cookies!! Wow to your travels!! :)
    -Lovely Nina
    Lovely Nina Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your new job in TX. I'm from WI, but had a girlfriend who lived in TX so I visited her there a few times in the summer and it was HOT. This midwestern girl would melt down there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little worried about the hot weather as well! And I will miss the changing seasons!

      Delete