Friday, June 13, 2014

Another Five for Friday!

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

This is my second time linking up with Doodlebugs Teaching for Five for Friday! I have never linked up to the same event more than once, so this is very exciting!



I am currently in the midst of my summer reading. My first book? The Fault in Our Stars! I'm really trying to read it before I go and see the movie. I have a pretty long car trip coming up, so my goal is to have it done by the time I get back.



Last week I posted about GoNoodle and how great it is for brain breaks. This week I would like to share another computer program, Xtramath. This program is basically just flash cards that the students complete every day on the computer. The program tracks their progress and their mastery of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division facts. I have students in Kindergarten who were able to master all of their addition facts because of this program. It is a great resource for any elementary teacher or for any student who does not know their math facts fluently. Also, the best part, it's FREE! I also have students who complete the program at home. I kept a graph for the students to color every time they mastered 5% of their facts. It was a great motivator.



Yesterday, I had the pleasure of listening to Tara West's presentation on guided reading over at her blog, Little Minds at Work. It was very informative about the guided reading process and she included some great activities that can be used in your groups. I was definitely jotting down some notes while I was watching so that I could come back to them later in the summer! I highly recommend it!


I ordered my Erin Condren Life Planner 2014-2015!! This is my first one and I am so excited to use it! I can't wait to be all organized :)


I'm definitely thinking about chevron for my classroom theme next year. I wanted to go with a more decorative theme, as opposed to a topic theme, like the Kinder'garden' theme I had last year. I'm moving on to first grade, so perhaps my room could also use a face lift. Here are a couple of things that have caught my eye.

Printable Freebie: clip it! behavior chart Not using a conduct chart this year but just in case I change my mind.
This Behavior Chart from A Cupcake for the Teacher


I absolutely LOVE this job chart from the Clutter-Free Classroom!

And, I'm even trying to make my own chevron word wall letters and possibly table numbers. Stay tuned!

Well that's it, there are my 5 for today! Until next week!

Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment